- I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that there is a risk of damage or injury from the activities I am to undertake. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks and I assume full responsibility for my participation in these activities.
- I understand and agree that these activities have inherent risks, dangers and my participation in such activities and/or use of any equipment may result in injury or illness including but not limited to, bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability.
- These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the owners, employees, contractors or associates of the Company, the negligence of other participants or the negligence of any other person, the predictable or unpredictable forces of nature or any other causes or accidents. Risks may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including but not limited to water conditions, weather conditions and risks associated with capsizing a kayak when embarking and disembarking from these craft (including hypothermia and drowning).
- I (for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin hereby release, hold harmless and indemnify to the fullest extent permitted by law the Company, its owners, employees, contractors, and associates with respect to any and all harm injury disability death loss or damage to myself or any other person or any property associated with my presence or participation in the activities that I am about to undertake whether arising from my negligence or the negligence of any other person or the negligence of the Company, its owners, employees, contractors and associates or for any other reason whatsoever.
- I confirm that I am physically and mentally capable and fit to participate in this activity and can swim a minimum of 20 meters.
- I have no medical conditions or needs or have taken any type of medication (prescribed or otherwise) other than those listed below.
- I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older or I am the adult responsible as a Guardian for my 8 year old child.
- I have been advised that I must wear an approved personal buoyancy aid at all times whilst in the kayak or near the water.
- I further agree that the Company and its personal representatives has my permission and authority to address and treat any medical conditions or emergencies as they deem appropriate and I agree to pay any charges for such medical treatment including transportation) and will indemnify the Company for this.
- I have read this assumption of risk and release of liability agreement, I understand its terms and conditions that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it and I agree it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
General Terms and Conditions
All prices are given in Euro (€) as quoted on our website and via our booking office. All prices are VAT inclusive.
Discounts are offered based on group size, for minors and by special agreements with our business partners. All such offers are published on our web site.
The guides are not authorized to offer further discounts, and all such requests will be refused.
Venice Kayak tours must be booked in advance, and all participation must be agreed upon when booking.
Online payments can be made using Stripe from the “Payment” page on the web site. You will then received a formal invoice for the payment and a confirmation of your booking.
Deposits can be made by direct bank transfer to our bank account. Please count on up to two weeks for money transfers to come through.
Payments on the day of the tour can be made in cash (up to the legal limit of €1000) or by credit cards. We accept most common credit cards, including Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, American Express, Diners.
All tours must be paid in full before the tour starts.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Notify us with at least 24 hour notice of cancellation to the reservation. Another date can be provided if you choose to change the date.
The total amount shall be refunded by TourShield’ from Protecht if you have purchased purchase protection, ‘TourShield’ from Protecht. Venice Kayak is not obligated to refund any amount.
If the client has not purchased purchase protection, ‘TourShield’ from Protecht, Venice Kayak is not obligated to refund any amount.
If in the case of bad or extreme weather the reservation will be credited for another date, based on the opinion of the Venice Kayak staff.
Venice Kayak will cancel the tour in any of these situations:
- winds too strong for the paddling skills of the group,
- rain or fog reducing the visibility to unsafe levels,
- risk of lightning or tornadoes,
- events, demonstrations, strikes or other making the tour unsafe or impractical,
- our guide falls ill and no substitutes can be found.
A cancellation on behalf of Venice Kayak is entirely the decision of the guide in charge of the tour.
Venice Kayak will, if possible, try to reschedule the cancelled tour in cooperation with the client.
Please arrive promptly for your booked tour.
Our launch site on the Certosa island is serviced by vaporettos (waterbuses) every 20 minutes. If in doubt about the route or the timing of the vaporettos, consider taking an earlier vaporetto. The meeting place is the office of Classic Boats Venice.
If you have trouble please call: 39 041 523 6720
If you’re late, the tour might leave without you.
Summer weather in Venice is usually nice, warm and sunny, but the occasional downpour or thunderstorm can always happen on short notice. Spring and autumn weather is more variable and with more rain and fog. We recommend that you check the weather report prior to your tour on:
http://www.arpa.veneto.it/previsioni/en/html/index.php ↗ for weather in the Venice area.
Venice Kayak offers the basic kayaking equipment needed: kayak, paddle, spray deck, buoyancy aid, rain/wind jackets, dry bags. We also have a limited selection of light wet suits, hats, caps, water shoes and gloves, but we cannot guarantee that there is enough of all sizes for everybody.
Venice Kayak do not have other items of kayaking clothes available for clients. We do NOT have dry suits, t-shirts, shorts or any other kind of base or thermal layer clothing available.
For winter tours you’re required to bring adequate paddling clothes for winter paddling in the Mediterranean. If you do not have such equipment, you cannot come on tours in the winter.
If a customer has a disability or medical condition it is their responsibility to inform Venice Kayak, at the time of booking. Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted to kayak at any stage of their pregnancy.
A minimum number of participants may be required for tours to operate.
There are toilets, showers and changing rooms available within 5 minutes walking distance from the start point of the tour. The facilities are available to all.
Valuables can be taken with us on the tours on our kayaks in secure water proof bags.
Bags with changes of clothes and other less valuable items can be left in the rooms where Venice Kayak keeps paddling equipment.
Smoking is NOT permitted on the Kayaks.
We recommend that you bring a bottle of water on all tours. Bottles of water can be purchased at the meeting point which is a bar.
An adult must accompany children under 18 years. All children must be a minimum of 8 years old.
All minors (under 18) must without exception go in a double kayak with a parent.
Whilst, every effort is made to return lost property, Venice Kayak cannot be held responsible for property left on/in the kayaks. Property found must be collected on appointment from our office address at Isola della Certosa, 30141 Venezia.
We may, at our discretion, require any person to withdraw from any tour if we deem their behavior offensive or a nuisance to other passengers and we shall have no further liability.
All matters concerning bookings of tours with Venice Kayak shall be subject to Italian law.
General rules whilst kayaking
- Do not move away from the group alone.
- Always stay within hearing distance of the guide.
- Always follow your guides instructions.
- Paddle on the left side of smaller canals unless told otherwise.
- Paddle on the sides of the Grand Canal, never in the middle.
- No play-acting in the kayaks.
- No alcohol allowed whilst kayaking.
- If under the influence of alcohol, kayaking will not be permitted.
- No chewing gum on kayaks
- No headphones or ear plugs while kayaking.
Have fun and lots of it!